Friday, January 14, 2011

Dinner .... all gone?

Two nights ago I cooked a beef roast in the crock-pot.  It smelled delicious all day long!  Last minute, Stephen found out he had to go to a dinner meeting that night, so he wouldn't be home for dinner.  I decided to eat one piece and then save the rest for dinner the next night.  After Ella and I were all done with dinner, I gave her a bath and got her ready for bed - forgetting that the roast was on the kitchen counter!!  When I came back into the kitchen to prepare Ella's bottle....what did I find?  Well, I did NOT find the roast!!!!  Apparently, Sheruff couldn't resist the delicious roast either!  I would have loved to have a video camera capture the moment.  The roast was pushed back on the counter and on a cutting board!  Somehow he finagled himself up high enough on the counter to reach the meat - without disturbing anything on the counter or cutting board!  WOW!  Two days later, I can laugh about it!  But, at the time I was fuming!  He heard me yell, and quickly curled up in a ball on his pillow!!!  Oh, well.  I guess I've learned my lesson!    

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is amazing. Glad you got a piece before he enjoyed the best dinner he's ever eaten! :-)

    ReplyDelete